wtorek, 10 listopada 2020

Rycerzyki- Rycerzyki

Rycerzyki’s self-titled is probably my favorite polish dream pop album. The group has gained some cult  following over the years but still not nearly as much as they deserve. Especially considering there are plenty of polish musicians dabbling with similar sounds only with way less entertaining results, while also topping the charts on our alternative radio stations.

 I fell in love in this record since the opener, Lentilki. Maybe labeling them just a dream pop group might be a little misleading considering how energetic this track is, vocal performance is stunning, we get a great marriage of some catchy synth melodies and great guitar work. It reminds me a lot of that first You Can’t Win Charlie Brown album I wrote about a while ago. Hounds is another highlight, I love the synth outro on this one, it’s always a good sign where a band sees they stumbled into a fantastic groove so the decide to just let it go on as long as the can. Wroty and Rimemba bring the strongest refrains on the whole record, ensuring album ends on a real high note. My favorite Rycerzyki track though has to be  Dobranoc. I don’t know how much of the song’s cuteness translates without understanding the lyrics, I hope most of it does because this tune is simply adorable.

 I should probably mention that almost half of the tracklist is in polish which might be a slight language barrier. I hope that no one gets discouraged by that fact because the instrumentation and vocal performance and how much most of the melodies get stuck in your head just after a few listens is enough to make it worth a try.




Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz